Work Hours: 40+
Duration: Temp to Hire
Experience Required: 1 year related experience in a machine shop environment and a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent
Education Required: BA/BS Degree
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Operations team!
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conceive and develop valid manufacturing solutions and processes through the application of professionally accepted engineering techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to company and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- CAM software (ESPRIT/MasterCAM) experience
- CAD software (Solidworks/Inventor) experience
- Must have experience in designing fixtures and creating BOM & Routings.
- Must have experience in developing and creating processes & procedures.
- Compile and evaluate manufacturing data against product conformance standards and specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate, and devise solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
- Review engineering drawings, RFQs, DMRs, procedures, and change orders.
- Plan, define, coordinate, and control the design and drawings of production tooling requirements in support of program needs.
- Work closely with other departments on multi-discipline projects in a self-directed team environment.
- Ability to conduct a Root Cause Analysis.
- Assist the Production Engineering Manager with projects and task, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in engineering field or equivalent from a four-year college and one-year related experience and/or training in a machine shop environment; or equivalent
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Basic math skills as relevant to the position
- Design Software (Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, etc)
- (Preferred) CAM Software (MasterCAM or Esprit)
- (Preferred) Training in Lean Six Sigma
- Basic computer skills- Microsoft Office, typing, etc.
- Strong understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, manufacturing, and fabrication process
- Blueprint reading
- ISO 9001