Work Hours: 40+
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $17- $20/hr
Experience Required: 1-3 years related experience, or a GED
Education Required: High School or GED
Our Valencia- based aerospace company is looking for an entry level Manual Machinist!
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assemble manifold assemblies per blueprint requirements with minimal to no supervision.
- Identify non-conforming parts and reworks per Managers instructions.
- Assist in the training of and provide technical expertise to potential new machinists.
- Complete proper buy-off on all associated paperwork.
- Follow daily dispatch reports and move jobs into ERP system.
- Install internal components using proper tooling.
- Maintain accurate parts and part count for each job.
- Seek and document lean process improvement ideas to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Set-up and operate a manual lathe / mill operations in the production of Manifolds being manufactured.
- Measure parts using standard inspection hand tools.
- Maintain production dispatch report on time.
- Inspect work from the machine to the applicable blueprint and aerospace specifications.
- Properly handle and dispose of chemicals used.
- Understand basic hydraulic concepts
- Maintain quality rating as described by supervisor
- Must be willing to work on any projects and/or tasks; including assisting other departments if required.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one to three years related experience or training.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Basic math and understanding of American money
- Basic windows/internet browser
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Basic Hydraulics certification
- Manual lathe / Mill machine operation