Work Hours: 40+
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $21-$25
Experience Required: 3 years manufacturing
Education Required: High School or GED
Valenica based aerospace company is looking for an experienced assembler with prior hydraulic assembly and testing experience to join their production team!
This role performs any and all A&T operations within the department. Tests completed assemblies per ATP using specialized tools. Refers to technical drawings and written instructions. Reassembles or reworks rejected parts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Set-up tests as required.
- Drill parts using micro-drills and lathes.
- Read pressure gauges and flow meters and accurately log data to ATP requirements.
- Swedge noses to form 37? and 45? conical.
- Lock-wire and torque seal parts.
- Follow daily dispatch reports and other direction from supervisor.
- Maintain accurate parts and part count for each job.
- Install internal components using arbor press and proper fixtures.
- Identify causes for test failures, rework, and suggest corrective action as required. Submit to supervisor for approval.
- Set up and operate micro laser weld machine.
- Set up and operate drill press for crimp roll.
- Seek and document lean ideas to improve efficiency in the department.
- Maintain all hand tools in clean working condition.
- Notify supervisor of any equipment that requires repair.
- Keep work-station and test equipment clean and free of unnecessary debris.
- Properly handle and dispose of chemicals used.
- Maintain all safety standards and use safety equipment as required.
- Identify any routings discrepancy and notify supervisor so changes can be made if necessary.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Understand basic hydraulic concepts for the function of gauges, flow meters, and assemblies in hydraulic systems.
- Maintain a 100% quality rating and less than .1% rejected components (caused by tech damage).
*Other tasks and duties may be required as directed.
- Certification in Hydraulic Principles and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write in simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/ Office Skills
- Basic windows/internet browser
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Basic Hydraulics Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 – $25.00 DOE
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute:
- Valencia, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- In person