Work Hours: 40+
Duration: Temp to Hire
Pay Rate: $16- $19/hr
Education Required: High School or GED
Valencia- based aerospace company is looking for entry level Burnish & Coin Technicians for our day shift!
Performs all seat preparations per applicable work instruction. Assists technicians with the assembly of parts to form complete units or subassemblies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other tasks and duties may be required as directed:
- Performs seat preparation per applicable work instruction including burnishing and coining seats, cleaning, and washing parts.
- Assembles and pre-assembles valves per blueprint.
- Swedge noses to form 37 angle or roll.
- Apply sealants and other chemicals as needed.
- Follow and complete daily job list as required by supervisor.
- Maintain accurate parts and part count for each job. Verify parts from stockroom.
- Operate small hand and power tools.
- Seek and document lean process improvement ideas to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Maintain all hand tools in clean, working condition.
- Notify supervisor of any equipment that requires repair.
- Maintain a clean, organized work station.
- Properly handle and dispose of chemicals used.
- Maintain all safety standards and use safety equipment as required.
- Be familiar with proper fixtures and tooling required.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); no prior experience or training.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to write in simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer/ Office Skills
- Basic windows/internet browser